Tuesday, March 12, 2013

... liebster!

my new American Eagle $7 necklace, because it’s cute

so I’ve been blog m.i.a. for about a week

first a had a head cold that lingered for what seems like a lifetime,
and now I’m running around like crazy trying to catch up on everything I missed while in bed.

but in the meantime, I got nominated for a liebster award!
It’s basically an oscar for the newbie blogger.

so, I’m sitting here in a huge evening gown,
and even huge-r glass of reisling,
watching the bachelor finale {of course}
and I’m ready for my acceptance speech.

I was nominated by the lovely sarah over at ‘limited space organizing
she’s an adorable, creative, beauty of a little lady
who lives in her own little blog-world
thank you, thank you lovely!



rules of the liebster award:
1. thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. copy and paste the blog award on your blog.

my 11 questions from sarah:
1. (Obligatory) Why did you start blogging? there really is no one reason why I started my blog… I guess my blog title says it all, really to enjoy this life. read more here.
2. What is your favorite thing to organize? ok, let me start by saying I am the most unorganized-want-to-be-organized girl ever. I love love love the feeling I get after doing the dishes, or scrubbing the toilet, or cleaning my closet. I’m just the WORST at getting it done. I guess if I had to chose ONE thing to be my fav to organize, it would be cleaning my bathroom. there, I said it, I love to scrub a good dirty sh*tter.
3. What kind of friend/person are you? well that’s a loaded question… and kinda hard to answer about yourself. I would like to think my friends think the same of me as I do of them. and that’s a lot, because my friends are pretty awesome. {i gush about them here}
4. What’s your favorite piece of clothing to wear? my hubbi’s sweater {it lives in my closet now}
5. What is your favorite project you have done? I really enjoyed dreaming up & crafting our wedding invitations {here} – all our wedding projects were a blast and you can follow our rustic wedding journey.
6. What is the best piece of advice you can give someone? be nice. It’s never going to get you in trouble, it’s never going to hurt feelings, it will usually put a smile on someone’s face, and probably a smile on yours.
7. What is your favorite book and why? honestly, I unfortunately have not had time {or made time, rather} to read many books in the past few years… which is a shame because I really do enjoy reading. however, since I was in middle school my favorite book has always been The Giver. kinda sad because I can’t tell you at all what it’s about, been years since I’ve read it, but I know I LOVED it. and I will re-read someday & probably love all over again.
8. How did you come up with your blog name? wow. I have no idea. I knew I wanted to start a blog to help me define my life, and I just typed this one in. not really a lot of thought, but it just kinda stuck.
9. What is your favorite thing about blogging? my first favorite thing is reading other blogs created by such wonderful, inspiring women. Some of the blogs I follow are so beautiful, so touching, have brought me to tears, made me laugh out loud, have cheered me up, and made me want to be a better person. It’s so so amazing that this community can do that. my second favorite thing about blogging is the memories I’m creating… I really look forward to being able to re-walk my path.
10. If you could eat any food for the rest of your life what would it be? ice cream, hands down.
11. What would you do if someone gave you one million dollars to spend however you like? i know all the following is really cliché, but really wouldn’t everyone? shop, travel, buy a house, volunteer, donate, treat my fam & friends...

11 random facts about me:

1. I once got kicked out of a sub shop for carving my initials in the counter.
2. I feel guilty and have buyer’s remorse if I spend over $20 on any one item.
3. I have dreamed about being a mother since I was a little little girl, but now I’m more terrified than ever.
4. I have a birthmark that spreads across two fingers and my palm on my right hand, and my sister used to sing ‘strawberry fields forever’ to me & make me cry.
5. I can’t look a cat straight in the eyes; I think I was attacked by one in a previous life.
6. Eating is one of my favorite hobbies, but I absolutely hate to cook.
7. I have been planning my new workout routine since January, but have yet to get up off the couch {stay tuned for my 30-day shred coming in april, if a say it here then I feel like I might actually do it}
8. I absolutely HATE loose teeth. Don’t even know what I’m going to do when my future children’s teeth fall out of their heads.
9. I heart peppermint cookies & cream ice cream {yes, that’s a real thing. amazing}
10. I look horrific in the color red.
11. I love me some hot heels, but most days prefer comfy flats/boots.

my nominees:
2. FEST


my nominee questions:
1. (Obligatory) Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite easy & quick recipe?
3. What is your all time fav store to shop?
4. Favorite TV Show?
5. Comfy-est & Cutest shoes you own?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. Biggest Pet Peeve?
8. Thing you are most thankful for?
9. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
10. What is your FAV blog to follow?
11. What is your biggest dream?

again, thank you so much to sarah at ‘limited space organizing’ for the award



xo - heather




3 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    I also hate loose teeth. They scare me. Is that weird? I often have dreams about losing a tooth. I call those dreams nightmares. Although, I've been told that those dreams mean I'm afraid of losing my money, which could also be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet to nominate me! Thanks, Heather! I'm with you on the color red - I always thought it looked awful on me. I bought my first red shirt ever last year and I've only worn it a few times because I'm just still not sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plead the fifth in ever singing strawberry fields forever about your birth mark. I have NO memory of that. I DO, however, remember singing grease lighting to you when you didn't wash your hair, but now we're adults and know to use dry shampoo right? :)

    ReplyDelete